The Perfect Field Trip Happens at Blue Zooin Baton Rouge
Educate and inspire young minds in a hands-on, interactive aquarium right in your back yard! Students learn about sea life from around the globe as well as touch and feed stingrays, birds, and reptiles. Kids can also play and learn on water tables, plus use their imaginations aboard a pirate ship—Ahoy!
- Field trips can begin as early as we open, with last check in at 2pm, Monday through Friday, capacity is up to 80 individuals. Ratio for children to adults should be 10:1 at most, with 8:1 being preferable, especially with younger children.
- With a pre-reserved time, field trip pricing is $10.95 per student and $10.95 per adult and children ages 2 and under are free. A minimum of 10 children and 2 adults required to be considered a field trip.
- Your entry fee gets you access to all of the aquarium. Add to the excitement and learning of your students by giving them the chance to feed the animals! Token prices are $3 for 1 token, $10 for 4 tokens or $25 for 10.
- Children, especially younger ones, can get pretty wet interacting with the water play tables so a change of shirt is recommended.
- Field trips are available every weekday throughout the year except school holidays. Examples include Winter Break, Spring Break and national holidays.
Fill out This Simple Field Trip Form!
You can reserve the total number of people that you know you’ll have and add more as needed on the day of your field trip. If you believe it’s going to be a change of greater than 20, please let us know ahead of time so we can make sure that we have enough space.
Yes! We have a party room which makes a great place for lunches or class/discussion time before or after your field trip. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and pricing.
Extra clothing is completely optional.
Some of that depends on the age of children, size of the group and if you’re adding feeding tokens. Normally, you can plan to be at the aquarium for one to two hours, although many people choose to stay longer and enjoy it for several hours. Your day passes are good all day! You can even leave and come back in the same day as long as you do not remove your wristband.
Yes! For field trip pricing please have a minimum of 12 people for the group rate.
Yes. We have blackout dates on field trips during school holidays, examples would be Veteran’s Day, Winter Break, MKL Day, President’s Day and Spring Break.
No tax is not included in the above pricing.